Paula Miller, LPC
Licensed Professional Counselor in Dallas, Texas
Hello, I’m Paula Miller, a Dallas area psychotherapist, and certified wellness coach. I help people who want to become the best version of themselves and feel fulfilled and happy but are held back by self-doubt, depression, anxiety, and fear. In a nutshell, they want to feel as good inside as the “self” they present to the world.
I provide warm and genuine guidance, a fresh perspective, and practical tools, so they can understand the source of their problems, gain clarity about their values, strengths, and goals, and learn to manage difficult emotions and challenges as they come up.
As a coach I a passionate advocate for holistic wellness (mind, body, & spirit) and strive to help clients design purpose-filled and meaningful lives through living in alignment with their values, letting go of unhelpful thinking, setting and attaining goals, and integrating fitness into their wellness plan.
I believe that entering therapy is a marker of personal strength and resilience. It takes courage to take that first step and ask for help. I am always honored to partner with clients on their path to healing and becoming their best selves and am fully committed to meeting them with authenticity, compassion, and my best effort to help them feel better and transform their lives.
You can read about my qualifications further down this page, but first I’d like to share a little more about who I am.
- I believe that cultivating compassion, for ourselves and others, will change the world.
- I’m a single mom (4 kids/3 dogs), an empty nester, and a new grandma.
- My personal philosophy is simple: Stay open in your heart and mind. Be present and notice the good things right in front of you. Let go of the outcome and life will surprise you.
- I am curious by nature, and geek-out learn and experience new things, especially if I have to step out of my comfort zone.
- When I’m not at work; you can probably find me getting my zen on in a yoga class or binge-watching something on Netflix!
I know that finding the right therapist can be overwhelming, and it’s important to me that you feel comfortable.
That’s why I offer a complimentary 20-minute phone consultation to answer your questions, listen to your needs, and discuss working together. To schedule click here.
Paula Miller, LPC is a Dallas-based Licensed Professional Counselor in private practice, specializing in working with adults who are struggling with the midlife transition, women’s issues, and with depression or anxiety. Her therapeutic approach is tailored to each client, using evidence-based techniques drawn from Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Compassion-Focused Therapy (CFT) and positive psychology. Paula is dedicated to helping her clients heal from the past, grow their self-awareness, and feel empowered to move forward with more freedom and contentment.